MEET THE TEAM
We pride ourselves on our commitment to quality service. Here are the people working for you every day to repair your vehicle.
Steve & Marie Rennison, Owners & Operators
- Started with The Auto Shop in 1992
- 35+ Years Automotive Experience
- Steve has been in the Automotive Industry for over 35 years and opened The Auto Shop in 1992. Steve is a Certified ASE Master Technician who still requires his technicians, as well as himself, to go to 80 hours yearly training. He has the drive, passion and care for customers and their vehicles. Steve is well known in Southern Illinois for running one of the highest quality Automotive Service facilities. We have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and are the only independent repair shop AAA approved in the Southern Illinois area. His knowledge of the automotive industry is amazing. Steve also serves on the board of Automotive Parts and Service in Springfield IL and was Chairman of the Southern Illinois Chapter of the Business Development Group for 3 years, actively putting input into the automotive industry. He has been recognized by his peers for contributing so much to training and has published articles in the APSA magazine. He's always creating ways to make the technicians jobs easier. He invented a piece of equipment that has really benefited the technicians, but he's modest about it - if you ask him, he says anybody can do it. But not everyone can do what he does. When he sees a problem, he figures out a way to fix it! He not only expects the best out of the technicians, he's pretty hard on himself. Nothing will do, but being the best informed, trained and professional shop in town. The industry is changing rapidly and vehicles today require the best.
- Skills & Certifications:
- Certified ASE Master Technician
Member of the Board of Automotive Parts and Service
Published articles in the APSA magazine
Past Chairman of the Business Development Group
- A+ BBB Rating
AAA Approved Repair Shop
Jeremy Rennison, Service Writer & Customer Service
- Jeremy has literally grown up in the automotive field. He started in high school helping around the shop and taking customers home. He was promoted to a journeyman technician and got training from his dad in the basics. He liked it, but his niche was really found when he started as a service advisor. He loves talking to the customers and educating them on how they can keep their vehicles safe. He loves his job and it shows. Jeremy's expertise in customer service and operations of a large facility are next to no other in Southern Illinois. Jeremy is one of the reasons The Auto Shop holds such a high rating in customer satisfaction with the AAA automobile club. Jeremy's philosophy is "we are here to help". Jeremy is one of the best parts procurers in Southern Illinois. If there is a part to be had he can find it. Jeremy handles all parts ordering efficiently in order to get a customer's vehicle back on the road as soon as possible. Jeremy also handles the phones and assists the service teams in making sure customers are taken care of in an expedient manner, to ensure all of our customers have the highest quality of care given to them. He also has extensive background in handling extended warranty claims which makes him a great asset to customers of the Auto Shop.
- Skills & Certifications:
- Service Advisor
Cody Ripley Rennison, Master ASE Certified Technician
- We are truly a family owned and operated business. Not only has Cody grown up in the automotive field like our older son, but he has really found his niche in the company. He has a quiet personality and we were in a very serious accident while I was still pregnant with him. Everyone teased him that he was gonna grow up and be a race car driver. Well, he really enjoys racing dirt bikes and excels in it. He's such a well rounded employee. He can fix my office computer, help me with most technical issues concerning the computers and he really enjoys learning the automotive know how of fixing cars.